Thursday, June 12, 2008

What's Happening

I haven't been around this site much to do any new posts since my computer crashed AGAIN! Yes, the "newish" computer I got about 6 months ago crashed on me. It was actually a used computer from Anthony's office and he took it back to the IT guy and he said the opertaing system crapped out. The good news is that I did learn my lesson last time and I bought an external hard drive and I had just saved all of my pictures through last month to it. Plus, in the last month I signed up and paid for a website called www.carbonite.com that constantly saves all of our files to an online site that can later be downloaded back on to a computer!! YAY! AND the night before the crash I had just finished working on a bunch of digital scrapbook pages and I hadn't saved them to the hard drive and there may not have been enough time for carbonite to copy them yet but just before I shut the computer down (for the last time it ever worked) I uploaded those pages to Costco.com. WHEW! Anyway, just wanted to share the little dilemma I was in. Luckily, I bought this laptop for Anthony for Christmas so I am still connnected! He is LOVING it too! :-p

Other than that we have already been pretty busy with summer activities! Last weekend we spent Sunday afternoon with our wonderful friends, Steph, her family and extended family, that we have adopted ourselves into! They have a beautiful home and great pool that we all had fun swimming in. I am a little nervous about driving anywhere these days so today was the first day this week the kids and I ventured out of the house... we went to the movies and saw Kung-Fu Panda. It was really cute. Saturday we have Torin's 6th birthday party in the morning/afternoon and then it is Julie's 35th birthday party that afternoon/evening. Sunday is Father's Day and I don't know what we are doing.

Next week we head off to the Sierra Nevadas for our camping trip with a large group from church. We are excited about it and really unsure too! I just don't know how it is going to go with all those kids, two bathrooms, possibly no runing water and bear lockers!! But, hey, it's an adventure, right!?

Then June winds down... it was a pretty busy month! We don't have a lot of plans for July... mostly just weekday stuff like free kid movies, the beach, Wednesday camp day for the kids, MOPS mom activities... so we have a pretty fun summer ahead! Hopefully lots of BBQ's too!

I don't have any new pictures right now so maybe next time!

2 comments:

The Girls and Dad B. said...

Hey you, sounds like you are keeping busy! Hope you have fun on your camp out! Miss ya tons! love ya xoxoxox

The Girls and Dad B. said...

Hey, I wanna see your Costco pages from scrapbooking. Send them to me when you can. love ya!