We have been so busy just doing our thing this summer! I just realized that I haven't even taken a picture this whole month of July! In fact I haven't taken a picture since the 200+ I took on our camping trip a month ago. The boys and I have been doing the free family movie... which has been so much busier than in years past! This week we didn't even get to see a movie because they were both full by the time we got there. Oh well... I don't think we were missing out too much on Care Bears 2 from 1988! We have been to the beach about 4 times already and my kids are terrified of the water! Actually, Aidan is terrified of the water which means Alec thinks he should be too. It is really frustrating to me and annoying... especially since last year Aidan would go in the water and he loves the pool. The ocean is a lot different than a pool, but still, he likes water... I guess it is the waves that are scary. Anyway, I hope that by the end of summer he will want to go at least near the water. The bonus to the boys not wanting to go near the water is that I can sit and relax and not worry about them getting swept out to sea! They love to go and play in the sand so I will still take them. I am totally that mom that makes my kids do things I think they shouldn't be scared of too... sorry to those of you are more sensitive souls! So I am sure that I have not helped Aidan's anxiety about the ocean. I even asked him if he would go in the water with daddy instead of me and he said he would! So he doesn't even trust me! Can you blame him? Anyway, I promised him and myself this last time that I wouldn't make him go in and I didn't. However, I didn't make that promise to Alec!! Poor kid! He acts like he hates it but I really don't think he does! ;-)
It would have been nice for me to post some pictures from our Fourth of July but I didn't take any! We spent the holiday weekend up at Big Bear and went to the lake for the day and watched the fireworks from there that night. It was pretty fun. Saturday Anthony went on a "jeep run" with Ty and they were gone for about 6 hours! So Lisa and I were at the house with the 4 boys relaxing and watching movies. We all went to dinner that night to a new place... and it was pretty awful! They were out of about 75% of the things that were on their menu and then the stuff they did have wasn't that great and it was over priced! SUPER! It was actually pretty comical by the time we were done.
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You are a loser! j/k Where are the pictures, you do own a camera, don't you? LOL Sounds like my girls at the beach too, when they were younger. Now Kelsey is my fish and Kimber still prefers the sand. Khloe wants to sit up on the blanket and eat "nacks" the whole time we are ever there. Kimber is heading for LA on Aug 7th (I think). so look out for her! hehehe
Post a Comment