Last night my mom came over to hang out with the boys and me like she does most Thursday nights. Anthony was in Detroit so it was extra nice to have her company. She actually didn't get here till right before bedtime so all four of us sat in Aidan's room on his bed to read bedtime stories. Well, Alec has decided he knows how to read so he will actually fight with me when I try to read a story to him! He will grab the book and say, "No, I read it!" While it is sometimes annoying... it is also pretty funny and he will actually take a book he has heard before and try to remember how the story goes and tell it. He is really into books right now and I hope he will one day love to read!
Anyway, after we read stories they both said that they wanted Alec to sleep in Aidan's bed with him... I decided to let them try (not the first time, but it never lasts long). Mom and I left the room and went downstairs. We didn't hear anything from them for at least 10 minutes so I went up to check on them and I could hear (mostly Alec) talking and talking and since they weren't fighting I decided to leave them alone awhile longer, thinking that if by some miracle they fell alseep I would just carry Alec to his bed later. About 5 minutes after I checked on them we heard them come out of the bedroom. Alec says, "I come out of brother's room." Aidan said, "Alec talks too much!" It was pretty funny! So they went to their own beds and all was well for the night! They are too cute. I hope they will really be friends someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Don't you wish you had a tape recorder in there so you could hear how that conversation went! ;o)
That is too cute, especially since it was the YOUNGER brother doing all the talking!
Post a Comment