Sunday, April 27, 2008
Swimming
As far as yesterday and today goes... Summer is here!! Of course by Wednesday it is supposed to be back down to the 60's... but for now it is in the 80's and 90's and we took full advantage and headed to the pool both days. We all had a blast, the kids really loved it. I knew that Aidan would need some time to warm up to it but he has been going in the "little pool" (jacuzzi) at Uncle Ty and Aunt Lisa's house for ahwile now so I knew he would come around. It didn't take too long before he was ready to venture off the step and in to the "deep"... however, not without at least one hand in a death grip on whoever happened to be holding him. But he wanted to go under water and he did a really good job at kicking his feet and even jumping in off the side as long as I was holding his hands. Overall a great job. Then there is Alec... I remember from last year that he liked the water, but that was a long time ago... a whole year! Who knew what we had in store for us from the one who doesn't really go in the "little pool" at Uncle Ty & Aunt Lisa's and who so far has screamed every time someone squirt him with our backyard water toys. Well, the big pool is a totally different story... turns out Alec is part fish! He literally dives right in! And I think he thinks he can swim because he doesn't really care if someone is nearby to catch him (let alone holding his hands as he does it). We couldn't take our eyes off of him for a second and if we did you bet we turned every time we heard a splash. So, like I said, we had a lot of fun watching these two in the water. I am thinking about taking Aidan to swim lessons just to boost his confidence. I will say that the only down side of the whole experience was that it is just another activity my boys would rather I not participate in, they only want to swim with daddy, swim to daddy, go under water with daddy, jump to daddy... nobody's asking for mommy! The only lucky break I get is that it is a little hard for daddy to swim with both kids so someone HAS to come with me... nice. (I may get a chance to post pictures with this soon)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That is great that your boys are comfortable in the water, even Aidan. I will have to see how my girls do. They like the water especially if they have a life vest on - that's cheating! How fun tho, I can't wait for it to warm up here so we can go to the lake this summer.
Post a Comment