Monday, April 28, 2008

Swimming 2


Yesterday afternoon Anthony and I took the boys to Toys R Us to spend the gift card that Alec got for his birthday. We decided some pool toys would be a good thing for them to pick out. We actually only ended up with a boogie board and some arm floaties. I knew today was supposed to be another scorcher (almost 100!) so after our morning walk we headed right over to the pool. I didn't know how it was going to go watching both kids in the pool by myself... and actually Brian, Kody, Macy, Drew and Evan ended up coming down to the pool as well so that made it a little easier. Anyway, I put the arm floaties on Aidan and Alec and we got in the pool... Aidan wasn't too sure at first but once he saw how well they held him up he started to come around. As far as Alec, I figured the floaties would just give me a little more peace of mind in case I couldn't get to him fast enough... yeah, they just made him braver! He

was jumping in all over the place! By the time we had been in the pool for over two hours Alec could put his face in the water and kick his legs and actually SWIM and then lift his face out of the water for a breath and then keep going! Aidan pretty much made his way around the entire pool and was even jumping in to the


water all by himself from the steps. It was so much fun and they had a blast! Aidan did not want to leave. This is going to be one fun summer!!

No comments: