So you want to know what is going on with the Biondos? Probably not... but I am going to tell you anyway! So the biggest news in our lives right now is that Aidan is potty trained!! OK, so he is almost 3 1/2 years old and probably should have been doing it a long time ago... but he just wasn't interested! Finally, the week before Easter I decided it was time to just DO IT. Monday, I went cold turkey and just stuck him underwear. He had three accidents that day and just wasn't quite getting the hang of it but we powered through and did it again the next day. By that Sunday (Easter) he was going on the potty AND even pooped on the potty too!! YAY! Of course there have been a few minor bumps in the road but for the most part he is there and it is nice to only have one in diapers again... I had 2 in diapers for almost two years (just two weeks shy of two years). I have a feeling Alec is going to be
using the potty a lot sooner than his brother did, especially because he wants to do EVERYTHING his older brother does, and I mean EVERYTHING, even if Aidan just got in trouble for doing it Alec wants to do it too! And now that Alec is two he has kicked things up a notch, he is pretty strong-willed, verbal, opinionated, silly, still super snuggly, adorable and a real pain in the butt! The two of them are a real pair, let me tell you! They have brief moments of playing in harmony and the rest of the time Alec is just a thorn in Aidan's side. I do hope that one day they will find joy friendship in each other, until then my job is referee!
Other than the antics of our rambunctious boys we don't have a whole lot else going on. Our house is just over a year old now and we still a list of projects we want to get to but it is more than suitable for now and we love so much about our new place and with the weather warming up our new, larger yard has been so great! We have tons of things for the kids to do out there and they love being out there. I give them lunch out there almost everyday. The bonus part of that is one less mess to clean up inside and the dog usually has a treat or two when they are done eating. OK, I am talking about the kids agian! So Anthony flies to Detroit about every three weeks for works and has to stay for 2 to 3 days. it is a little tough on us at home but we usually manage to stay pretty busy. My mom comes over once a week for dinner on Thursdays so she helps out when he is gone. I keep busy around here of course with the boys but I also try to do some stuff for myself. I have gone from paper scrapbooking to digital this year and I am really enjoying it. I am also involved with a group at my church called MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) that meets twice a month and it is a place where you can drop the kids off for a few hours while you get ministered to through speakers, a craft, brunch and time with other moms.
I guess that is all for now. Hopefully I will have something else to talk about next time! xoxo
using the potty a lot sooner than his brother did, especially because he wants to do EVERYTHING his older brother does, and I mean EVERYTHING, even if Aidan just got in trouble for doing it Alec wants to do it too! And now that Alec is two he has kicked things up a notch, he is pretty strong-willed, verbal, opinionated, silly, still super snuggly, adorable and a real pain in the butt! The two of them are a real pair, let me tell you! They have brief moments of playing in harmony and the rest of the time Alec is just a thorn in Aidan's side. I do hope that one day they will find joy friendship in each other, until then my job is referee! Other than the antics of our rambunctious boys we don't have a whole lot else going on. Our house is just over a year old now and we still a list of projects we want to get to but it is more than suitable for now and we love so much about our new place and with the weather warming up our new, larger yard has been so great! We have tons of things for the kids to do out there and they love being out there. I give them lunch out there almost everyday. The bonus part of that is one less mess to clean up inside and the dog usually has a treat or two when they are done eating. OK, I am talking about the kids agian! So Anthony flies to Detroit about every three weeks for works and has to stay for 2 to 3 days. it is a little tough on us at home but we usually manage to stay pretty busy. My mom comes over once a week for dinner on Thursdays so she helps out when he is gone. I keep busy around here of course with the boys but I also try to do some stuff for myself. I have gone from paper scrapbooking to digital this year and I am really enjoying it. I am also involved with a group at my church called MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) that meets twice a month and it is a place where you can drop the kids off for a few hours while you get ministered to through speakers, a craft, brunch and time with other moms.
I guess that is all for now. Hopefully I will have something else to talk about next time! xoxo


3 comments:
Hey Biondos..I loved your blog. I love that you are so techno-hip and it will help me to become more so as well. Reading your blog takes me back to my kiddies during that time...all good, sweet memories. Thank you Amy... your sharing brings joy and love to all and I'm so proud that you are my niece!
Amy! I love it! Now I can totally keep up with you and not call every few weeks and talk for hours! Although I love talking to you for hours, so I probably still will! Great job, loved your lay out and pics. Love ya!
Amy you are so awesome. I love that you are doing this. I have already learned some things from you as a fellow newbie blogger.
Hey! I knew you looked A LOT smaller! I totally noticed at the bday party but didn't want to say anything. You always look amazing but you look extra amazing right now. Its probably just the awesome men in your life.
Love you madly,
Lisa
Post a Comment