Monday, April 21, 2008

Avocado Festival

Yesterday we made our annual trek up into Fallbrook for the Avocado Festival. We got there right after it started which was a good thing because by the time we left two hours later it was hard to navigate our way through the crowds. We had a good time. It was your typical street fair. Lots of different vendors and lots of different foods. The only difference was the many varieties of things you could get made with avocado. You can get deep fried avocados, one booth was making everything with avocados instead of using other kinds of fat in stuff like breads and cakes! They weren't bad. Of course you can get guacamole as well. We only went for the Kettle Corn, but it was delicious! I bought a funky cowboy hat. Aidan walked while Alec rode in the back pack on Anthony's back and they did a good job. Aidan went on his first kiddy rides all by himself and he had a great time. Alec wasn't as thrilled about WATCHING Aidan go on those rides as we were but he wasn't quite big enough. They both fell asleep on the way home and I figured they would just transfer to their beds for a nap like usual but nooooo... Aidan was awake in his room for over two hours before I finally got him out (after going in and out trying to convince him to go to sleep about 3 or 4 times) and he was crying so we sat on the couch for awhile and what do you know? My 3 year old fell asleep in my arms! Stinker! It was sweet though and I will treasure that 30 minutes for a long time to come.

I am not sure if I am supposed to start another posting when I change subjects but since I am new at this I figure I can get away with just adding it to this post. I just wanted to share with those of you who I don't get a chance to talk to all that much that I have been doing weight watchers and have lost over 40 pounds! I am so excited to finally see the weight come off so I can't help but share the news! I feel great and am enjoying fitting into smaller clothes. I am only about halfway to my goal and things have slowed down a lot but I am not giving up this time, I am going all the way! And by sharing it with everyone it keeps me that much more accountable. Also, it was my birthday just over a week ago and my wonderful husband bought me a beautiful right hand ring! So I am adding a picture of it. I love it! It helped 35 sink in just a little bit easier! How can I be 35??? I feel 25!

OK, one more thing... Used to be that I could sleep in in the morning because when Aidan woke up he would just go in the toy room and amuse himself till I got up. Well, now that he is potty trained he wakes up and goes potty and then comes into my room naked from the waist down, "Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, I went potty on the toilet!" This is usually at like 6:30 or 6:45 in the morning! It's cute but getting old! So I guess the next lesson is How to Put Your Pants Back On All By Yourself!